Fundamentals of Indoor Air Quality
This course provides an overview of principal indoor air pollutants and explores the best practice methods for controlling indoor air quality in homes. This lesson provides Specialists with the necessary background knowledge to understand the factors that affect indoor air quality and what role the building enclosure plays.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain how the building enclosure can affect indoor air quality
- Identify the principal factors that govern the intensity of indoor air pollutants
- Describe the risks posed by common indoor air pollutants
- Summarize the best practice methods for controlling mold growth in homes
- Describe how air pollutants travel through a home
- Identify the air quality concerns associated with HVAC systems
- Differentiate between natural and mechanical ventilation
- Describe the key features of a properly designed ventilation system
- Identify the types of HVAC filters that will be most effective at removing different types of air pollutants
To access this course you need to sign in.