Indoor Environmental Quality
This Commercial course examines the moisture and energy systems that contribute to indoor environmental quality, and is intended to provide Specialists with a basic familiarity of the dynamics of heat and moisture transfer in commercial buildings.
- Lesson 1 provides an overview of the course and introduces how the building envelope and the building systems work together to control environmental factors that affect indoor air quality.
- Lesson 2 defines the basic conditions for human comfort, and examines what it takes to maintain human comfort within the environment created inside a building.
- Lesson 3 examines in detail the properties of moist air and describes how psychrometrics can measure those properties.
- Lesson 4 explores the properties of heat transfer and examines how the building envelope contributes to thermal comfort.
- Lesson 5 introduces how HVAC system designers quantify the loads that affect thermal comfort.
- Lesson 6 examines how the basic types of commercial HVAC systems help system designers manage thermal loads.
To access this course you need to sign in.